Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ideas and Thoughts

BEING REALISTIC

Do you ever stay up in bed all night thinking that a brilliant idea may work? Well, it happens to me quite often. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just being too idealistic. It's easy to say that it works and then leave the rest be. Ideas are just the start. A brilliant idea is only brilliant if there's work done to it. To refine it, to mould it, to implement it. Otherwise, all that it is, is simply... JUST. AN. IDEA.

I have all these crazy ideas. Thoughts that stimulate my mind, gets me excited. Growing up, I can say that I was always this active and this alert to capitalizing on ideas. In Primary school, I remembered selling handmade boxes and jewellery to my friends. Mom and I decided to start a mini-business with me taking orders in school from both classmates, bus mates, schoolmates and even some teachers. I made a total of over $100 just from the sales of such boxes. It's incredible to me back then because when you were little, $100 ALL in coins seem like a lot! Recently, more ideas have been planting themselves into my head and I just can't stop thinking about them.

On top of school work, I'm becoming increasingly fidgety about getting some actions tied to these ideas. I need to know that it'll work. I need to know that at least some of the ideas would succeed. So many of them aren't exactly feasible. And you'd probably think that I'm simply wasting my time thinking of such stuff when I have exams round the corner. I'd rather work on an idea and be hopeful and optimistic. Business start-ups that happen in university are rare but NOT impossible. I've always believed... GO BIG, OR GO HOME.

You never give up before trying something and you certainly DO NOT QUIT when something goes wrong. It's the determination that I have. The passion, the lust, the need for success that drives me to my breaking point sometimes. But it's also the same drive that brings me the success and gratification that I have today. I know that my ideas can work. I know that they're feasible. Now, all I need is time. Time for me to day-dream, to ponder, to contemplate the various strategies I can potentially come up with.

All you nay-sayers out there... Hold your horses. Yes hold them. Because I'm coming for you.

Deep in thoughts,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment